Friday, December 11, 2009

Away For a While

You've probably noticed that I've not written a post in quite some time. I received very bad news about my father the week prior to halloween... he's terminally ill and doesn't have much longer to live. My parents live about 4 hours from all of us (being my sibs and I). This is a very bad situation and we decided that it made sense to relocate him to a nursing care center closer to us. This process took almost a full week and my life has been a whirlwind ever since.

Please excuse my absense while I spend this time with my Dad and the rest of the family and support my Mom through it all. I never really thought about how this would impact me when the time came. My Dad has always been someone I looked up to, someone with strength and a very big heart. Someone who worked hard for his family and gave us values and honesty and all the things we needed - even if we didn't realize it. I'm not ready to say goodbye and it's more difficult than I ever could of imagined. I will spend every available moment with him, it's the least I can do after all he's done for me.

I wish everyone well this Holiday Season.

Thanks for reading.


6 comments:

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi cindy
i'm very sad to hear this news..
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
take care my friend
big hugs
tammy

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Cindy, very sad to read this news. My thoughts are with you and your family. I lost my Dad some years ago, but like you I spent every available minute with him while I could. It was hard but it has been a comfort to me ever since. Thinking of u, Kate x

Greta Koehl said...

Cindy, I'll be thinking of you and your family and praying for you all.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts at this very difficult time. Spend as much time with him as you can.

Lori H said...

Dear Cindy,
17 years ago on Veteran's Day, we received the same news about my dear daddy. He had terminal pancreatic cancer and they told us he would live only 90 days. I was pregnant with my youngest son at the time and my prayer was that my father would live until the baby was to be born in February. Thankfully, we were given another 8months with him and I cherish every minute I was able to spend with him. You are in my thoughs and prayers during this time.

FranE said...

Wishing you hope and peace in this new year. I lost my husband one year ago and I understand your feeling.
Praying for you and your family.
Frances